Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Magnolia Mood Bundle Birthday Card

 One of the best parts of being a Stampin' Up Demonstrator is getting your hands on all the new products before they are released to the public.  That's just the case with the launch of every catalog and with the new launch of Online Exclusives.  In between catalogs, Stampin' Up is giving us new and exciting products to play with, create with and enjoy.  


Below is some samples of one of the newest designs, Magnolia Mood.






I decided to go with the same fold, same stamp & dies but changed up the colors and shapes.  I love how beautiful both of these cards turned out.


My love of magnolias came about when I was a little girl around the age of 7.  There was a house up the street from where I lived that had a wrought iron fence around it and it was an old Victorian styled home with a large staircase going up to the huge double doors and a large wrap-around porch.  The house was intimidating, but not as much as the elderly lady that lived there all alone.  Most of the kids said she was a witch and could cast evil spells on you so you best not play outside her yard or ever let her catch you in her yard.  So we all steered clear, except one spring day as I was walking by, I smelled the sweetest aroma and as I looked at this huge, thick and very knurly tree, it processed the most beautiful flower I had ever seen or smelled.  They were huge and opened wide enough to hold a small baby...well that is an exaggeration to say the least but to a little girl the bloom was massive.  


One day the lady came out as I was admiring her big tree with the huge flowers and she asked me what was I doing lingering at her fence.  I told her that I loved her flowers on the tree and I was invited in and told I could pick one if I wanted to.  It was a dream come true to say the least.  From that day forward, I've had a warm place in my heart for magnolias and the sweet lady that was a far cry from being a witch, just a lonely old lady.  We became good friends and I'll always remember the big house with the big tree with the big flowers and a very sweet little lady. 


If you would like to shop for any of the products you saw me use, click here.


If you would like the project sheet with all the information on this card, measurements, pictures, products used and order #, click here.


YouTube Video Below:




No comments:

Humble Home

The Humble Home Bundle is such a cute & useful set to have in your collection.  The little house could be used in so many ways, not just...